8 Things You NEED to Know about the TripAdvisor Changes
Are you up to speed with the changes at TripAdvisor? Not knowing could lose you bookings.
TripAdvisor is Changing into a Booking Website. If you don’t have online booking you can lose bookings that you used to get from TripAdvisor.
- TripAdvisor is now a booking website, you can check live rates and availability.
- TripAdvisor will soon be advertising on TV just like other booking websites.
- The TripAdvisor home page (Image Below) now asks for a destination and your travel DATES.
- If you are on TripAdvisor looking for somewhere to stay they will show you availability and rates from Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, your property etc….
- You can now advertise your own direct availability on TripAdvisor next to the OTAs(Video Below)
- If you don’t work with any of Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia and you don’t advertise your own availability on TripAdvisor you will lose bookings you used to get from TripAdvisor.
What do you need to do to get your rates and availability on TripAdvisor ?
- You need an online booking system that can connect with TripAdvisor.
- Alternatively you need to work with an Online Travel Agent (OTA) like booking.com that will advertise your availability on TripAdvisor.
Here is a short video to show you how to add rates and availability to you TripAdvisor page using your booking system.
Click Here to see the Video
As TripAdvisor grows their booking strategy you can expect more and more links to the booking process. It is likely that more of the page space on TripAdvisor’s website will be devoted to directing the customer to rates and availability.
This is a copy of the TripAdvisor home page, as you can see its asking for a destination, arrival and departure dates so they can show you rates and availability.
TripAdvisor Pay Per Click advertising