Who we are
We set out below important information about our processing of data relating to individuals by reference to the purposes for which we do so in the context of our business.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you visit our website, we may collect information including but not limited to:
- Contact details, including address, telephone numbers, e-mail, and social media contact information, including on LinkedIn
- Marketing preferences (whether you opt in or out)
A nugatory amount of data which is automatically collected by our web server access log records. Access log records collect and store information based on IP addresses and access request date/time.
- We host our website on Namesco servers. Namesco is fully compliant with Data Protection laws, although the basic information they store is not user-specific and cannot be used to identify an individual. We have never had reason to access these logs as we use Google Analytics performance cookies to display more advanced access and usage data in a user-friendly dashboard which we (and our web agency) can more easily interpret.
- We use Google Analytics cookies to gather and display information relating to
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, tablet)
- operating system
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, version)
- domain names
- access times and dates
- location (country + city/town)
- referring website addresses
- All data gathered, processed and displayed by Google Analytics cookies is randomised and can never be traced to an individual.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. We don’t disclose to anyone any of the information we obtain except subsequently in the course of making available our services.
We use this data in order to:
- Communicate with people via telephone, email, SMS text and other forms of electronic communication
- Send people materials about our business, events, products and services
- Marketing our business
- Entering into contracts without customers, partners and suppliers
- Keeping records and accounts
- Operating our business
- To enhance user experience on our website
- Process orders
- Send you service emails (order confirmation/receipts)
- Improve our products and services
- Data subjects may require that their information be deleted or removed if there is not a legitimate reason for us to hold it.
Who has access to your personal information
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. These service providers are limited to Names.co.uk to host our website and Ninja Forms to collect, process and store form data. We do not host any further third party website content such as imagery hosted on CDNs or embedded social or video content which could use their own cookies to gather data about you.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any point.
Our website agency has access to our Google Analytics Dashboard, but no other data.
How and where we store data
When you send an email to the email address displayed on our website, we collect your email address and any other information you provide in that email (such as your name, telephone number and the information contained in any signature block in your email).
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that freetobook holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: email@example.com.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site. If you provide us with your credit/debit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement generally accepted industry standards.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the third party services on our website.
While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, we cannot personally identify you as the source of that data until such point as you provide your personal information to us.
Transparency of processing
A person has the right to receive information on what personal information we have, why and who we share it with.
Changes to this policy