U S Booking Services Ltd t/a freetobook
Privacy Notice Revision date: 3 Feb 2022
ICO registration number: ZA631037
The property you are booking with.
What type of information we have
Freetobook is booking software used by accommodation providers to enable their customers to make online bookings and manage those bookings.
This document applies to the processing by freetobook of personal data collected by properties using freetobook online booking system in relation to the provision of accommodation by those properties. The following is collected:
- Properties using freetobook as their booking engine, collect and store information that you give when you make a booking.. You are asked for your name, address, telephone number and email along with payment information and “the names of any guests travelling with you”. This may also include your IP address. This information is stored in the freetobook System in order to process your booking. You may be contacted by the Property you have booked with in relation to your booking.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information processed is provided directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Bookings; the property you booked with uses your contact information to manage your booking. Your data is also stored after you have stayed but will be kept no longer than necessary in order to comply with legal obligations and for the property to welcome your repeat business if applicable;
- Communications; the property uses your designated contact information to send necessary emails and SMS messages about reservations;
- Reviews; You may also be asked to send feedback after your stay in order for the property to further improve their service. Your email address will be used for this purpose. If you complete a review it may be posted on the property website, facebook page, twitter or google plus. However, no identifying details will ever be attached to a review posting.
We may also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- If you provide payment information, this will be processed directly by secure PCI Level 1 Compliant payment gateway providers.
In the context of providing booking software to accommodation providers to facilitate online booking, freetobook and the accommodation provider shall together operate as joint data controllers for the processing of your personal data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Performance of a contract. The storage of your information is necessary to perform the contract that you have with the accommodation provider you are booking with.
(b) Legitimate Interests. We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on freetobook designated servers.
freetobook observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and misuse of personal information. Appropriate business systems and procedures are used to protect and safeguard any information given. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask for the rectification of information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask for the completion of information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask for the erasure of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask for the restriction of processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask for the transfer of the information you gave to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, the time limit to respond to you is one month.
Please contact the property you booked with if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113