U S Booking Services Ltd t/a freetobook Privacy Notice
Revision date: 3 Feb 2022
ICO registration number: ZA631037
Our contact details
U S Booking Services Ltd t/a freetobook
100 Berkeley Street, Second Floor,
Tel: 0141 270 2173
Data Protection Officer: Emma Stewart
What type of information we have
In order to register as an accommodation provider, we currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers of the owners, those providing the accommodation or their representatives. This includes name and contact details such as address, email, fax and telephone numbers.
Once a registration has been completed and an accommodation provider has been accepted, access is granted to the freetobook System. When using freetobook, freetobook collects the following:
- IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, application versions, language settings and page visits in order to facilitate optimum performance of the freetobook system.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Registration and account administration; e.g. for verification purposes as part of the registration process;
- Communications; freetobook uses your designated contact information to send necessary emails and SMS messages about reservations;
- Marketing; freetobook uses your designated contact information to provide information about new features and services provided by us and available to you and you will always be able to opt out of our marketing emails;
- Fraud detection and prevention; We process personal information in order to investigate, prevent and detect fraud and other illegal or violating activities;
We may also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- If you provide payment information to pay your invoices, this will be processed directly by PCI Level 1 Compliant payment gateway providers.
- In the context of this agreement freetobook and yourselves act as joint data controllers for the processing and storage of personal information provided by your customers in relation to reservations for the provision of accommodation by you. If payment information is provided then this is processed directly by PCI Level 1 Compliant third party gateway providers according to your contract with freetobook.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Performance of a contract. The storage of your information is necessary to perform the contract that you have with freetobook
(b) Legitimate Interests. We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on our designated servers.
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and misuse of personal information. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any information given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113